The Dangers of Section 9
An act of tyranny at Westminster in 2019 (Section 9 of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation) Act) stripped the Stormont Government of all power over abortion laws here. The Westminster Government, through the Secretary of State continue to push their abortion agenda on Northern Ireland.
The powers given to the Secretary of State, however, go far beyond commissioning abortion services. They give him the power to implement change to the moral fabric of our land in three key areas.
Section 9 gives the Secretary of State full control over abortion laws in Northern Ireland.
- He can fully implement the Department of Health's abortion plans that will see up to 6500 abortions performed every year without any approval from the Executive or Assembly.
- The NI Assembly have no power to change our abortion laws in the future.
Pro abortion ideology in schools
Section 9 gives the Secretary of State full control over sex education in our schools and places a requirement on him to ensure abortion is promoted as normal in our curriculum.
- The Human Rights Commission back his changes.
- Christian teachers face losing their jobs if they refuse to teach that abortion is normal
- The NI Assembly have no power to change this curriculum in the future.
Criminalising the Gospel
Section 9 places a requirement on him to criminalise Christians offering support and sharing the Gospel at abortion clinics.
- The NI Assembly have no power to remove the tyrannical exclusions zones law they passed last year. Any attempt to do so will be blocked by the Secretary of State.
From now on Stormont:
- will only have the power to implement Westminster's abortion regime. They have no power to change it in any way.
- will only be the managers of Westminster's abortion promoting curriculum.
- will be responsible for implementing Westminster's criminalisation of Christians.
This only ends when Section 9 is gone!
Our sister organisation, Abolish Abortion NI, have an open letter to the leaders of all Stormont parties demanding that Section 9 is repealed and control is returned to Stormont before an Executive is formed later this year.
Thousands have already signed. Will you? Click the button below to add your name to the open letter.